As there are more potential benefits of moving an infrastructure to the cloud, there is a significant rise in the adoption of cloud monitoring and management tools. These tools help businesses manage cloud operations seamlessly and deliver uninterrupted cloud services to the end users. A very few advantages of Cloud monitoring tools are as below:
- Helps safeguard the network from cyber-attacks via cybersecurity.
- Can be used to detect breaches and vulnerabilities at an early stage, thus securing the network from potential threats.
- Can detect errors rapidly by testing infrastructure and network at regular intervals.
- Helps to utilize and optimize their websites and applications
Now let’s take a look at a few cloud monitoring tools:
1. Amazon CloudWatch
This is a monitoring service for AWS cloud resources and the applications you run on AWS. You can use Amazon CloudWatch to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources. Using Amazon CloudWatch we will be able to get all the information from a single platform.
- Pay for what you use.
- Can be used to set high-resolution alarms, visualize logs and metrics sideways.
- Improve applications by troubleshooting issues and automatic activities.
- Assembles data in the form of logs, metrics, and events.
- Assimilates with further AWS product.
AppDynamics mainly focuses on application performance management (APM) . With this tool, you can visualize cloud application performance in real-time along with monitoring of cloud infrastructure health. You can monitor and manage critical cloud-based applications, ensuring a smooth transition during pre and post-cloud migration. It is compatible with all JVMs (Java Virtual Machines) and application servers with Java 1.5 and above. AppDynamics supports various cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Pivotal, Rackspace, Kubernetes, Citrix, IBM, Docker, HP Cloud Services, OpenStack, etc.
- Uses APM tools i.e. Application Performance Management.
- It helps in mapping application automatically.
- Helps in monitoring Business Transaction.
- It supports java, PHP, .NET and Node.js.
3. Microsoft Cloud Monitoring (OMS)
Operation Management Suite (OMS) by Microsoft supports to increase the visibility and control across the cloud with easy operation management and safety. It is a group of cloud-based services for handling the on-premises and cloud settings from one single place. OMS components are completely introduced in Azure. OMS support administrator to accomplish their IT environments more proficiently by giving them a better visibility into their functioning structure.
- It is beneficial for IT organizations in cloud solutions and composition.
- Benefits in speedily handling all the internal account managing responsibilities.
- More beneficial for Azure applications.
- Supports all the OS Platforms to run the tool.
- Alarms work well, and quickly posts are sent on mobile phones.
- Security reviewing dashboards is easy to deliver and practice.
- Supports in sensing from where the Malware arises.
- Search Query is easy, and no different language is required.
AppNeta is a SaaS app and network monitoring tool that works across cloud platforms. AppNeta’s Performance Manager gives you insight into resource usage, app delivery, and user experience. In 2017 it was given the highest rating for Network Performance Monitoring tools by Gartner. AppNeta deployment is fast and flexible, allowing the user to roll out the performance monitoring in a fraction of the time of other systems. With monitoring points offered physically and virtually at various sizes, one can right-size the deployment to cover the entire organization. It also provides responsive and dedicated support to every customer for no extra charge. AppNeta normally runs in a frequent but low -impact testing mode, which means it will have a close to zero impact on the network and applications while still providing continuous visibility.
CloudMonix gives enhanced cloud monitoring and automation solution for Microsoft Azure Cloud. CloudMonix’ s live monitoring dashboard permits Azure Cloud administrators in advance to understand the cloud resources, get informed with signals on cautions and exclusions and organize automated regaining and restoration activities.
- Pictures all the structures and resources in one place with live dashboards.
- Improved cloud costs.
- Automates problem resolution.
- It has white label structures.
- Incorporation to ITSM tools.
There are a vast number of Cloud Monitoring services that are available in the market these days. We have just discussed a few of the best cloud monitoring softwares. By correct understanding of your requirements, budget, and applications, you can make the right choice.
Xieles Support can help you with the installation of any Cloud Computing or Cloud Hosting environments and related tools. Get a quote from us if you need any assistance.